1. DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT DETAILS
Your personal data is collected and processed by Dana Brevini S.p.A., with registered offices at Via Luciano Brevini, 1/A 42124 Reggio Emilia, Italy, Fiscal Code and VAT no. 00262750359 (hereafter, “Dana Brevini”) in its quality as data controller.
At any time you can contact Dana Brevini at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +39 0522 9281 in order to obtain further information on the processing of your personal data and/or to exercise your rights of data subject.
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY DANA BREVINI
We will collect and process personal data that is
• provided by you, such as the data you provide to us when you sign an agreement, fill out a form, call us, participate to our events, visit our website, provide a comment or however communicate with us.
This information may include your name, surname, email address, bank details, postal address, phone number, the name of your business and any other information you choose to provide;
• acquired by Dana Brevini directly, such as the data we obtain from public sources like the Register of Enterprises, through any other third party to which you have previously provided your consent, including other entities belonging to Dana group.
This information may include your name, surname, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, the name of your business and the name of any other information we gather about you when it is needed to process it for any of the purposes indicated below.
Purposes of the processing and legal basis
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
a) To fulfill our contractual or pre-contractual obligations and, specifically, to allow you or your business to receive our services, to calculate a quote that you have requested from us, to execute agreements with have in place with you or a party that is related to you, to provide you with the necessary assistance with regard to the products and services purchased.
b) To comply with our legal obligations, such as the obligation to provide you with our legal warranty in respect of products and/or services you purchased by us or in order to fulfill our fiscal obligations.
c) To pursue our legitimate interests or those of a third party, including:
• The analysis and improvement of the quality of our products and services; the management of insurance risks; the assessment of the quality of the assistance provided to customers; the anonymous analysis of our clients segments;
• send you promotional contents about products and/or services of Dana Brevini that are similar to those you have already purchased in the past and/or based on other information you have provided to us (such as, for example, a previous quotation you have requested). You can exercise your right of objection at any time to any processing that is aimed at sending promotional contents;
• The processing of your personal data for establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
d) On the basis of your consent, to provide you with our communications for marketing and market research purposes (excluded our newsletters, that we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests and in respect of which you can always opt-out) relating to products and/or services offered directly by Dana Brevini or by third parties, such as other entities of Dana group or other commercial partners of Dana Brevini. Such promotional activities may take place through e-mail, mail, social networks, telephone, SMS and other means of communication.
3. CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Dana Brevini may communicate your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
• Other Dana group entities, also outside the European Union (please refer to section “Data transfers” below for more information in this respect);
• Partners or other parties involved in the management and execution of an agreement between you and us;
• Third party service providers, such as external counsels, duly appointed and instructed by Dana Brevini as data processors;
• Regulatory authorities and other competent judicial and administrative authorities, if required by law;
• Any other third party to which you authorize the disclosure of personal data.
4. DATA TRANSFERS
When transfers of personal data are made to countries outside the European Union, these transfers are made in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions in order to guarantee an adequate level of protection, such as recurring to the adoption of the Standard Contractual Clauses.
With respect to data transfer to entities belonging to Dana group, we adopted an intra-group data processing agreement which include the adoption of the Standard Contractual Clauses.
5. RETENTION PERIOD
Your personal data are stored for the duration necessary for the operations for which they were collected and in any case no longer than 10 (ten) years from termination of the agreement, from the last contact between you and us or any litigation in which we may be involved in.
6. DATA SUBJECTS RIGHTS
Data subjects may at any time have the right to access, rectification, erasure, portability, restriction or objection, including the right to object against decisions based solely on automated processing of personal data or the right to oppose their processing when data is processed for marketing purposes, or either on the basis of our legitimate interest, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by phone at +39 0522 9281 or a letter accompanied by a proof of identity to.
Below is provided a brief explanation of your rights:
(a) the right to access derives from your right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are processed by Dana Brevini;
(b) the right to rectification allows you to obtain without undue delay the rectification of your personal data which are inaccurate, as well as the right to have eventual incomplete personal data completed;
(c) the right to erasure allows you to ask for the cancellation of your personal data, when a ground for such a request applies, such as, by merely way of example when the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
(d) the right to data portability allows you to receive your personal data provided to Dana Brevini in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. When applicable, you may have the right to transmit such a data to another data controller;
(e) the right to restriction of processing allows you to request, where it is applicable in accordance with the applicable legislation, a restriction of processing. In this case, where the processing of personal data has been granted, Dana Brevini may retain certain processing in place for the sole purpose of defence of legal claims, for the protection of rights of other subjects.
(f) the right of objection allows you to, where it is applicable in accordance with the applicable legislation, to object to processing of your personal data unless there are overriding interests, rights and freedoms or right to defense of Dana Brevini.
On grounds relating to your particular situation, you are granted with the right to object at any time to processing carried out for marketing purposes, or on the basis of the legitimate interest of Dana Brevini or of a third party, such as another Dana’s entity. In this case Dana Brevini will terminate the processing of your personal data, unless another legal basis for processing exists.
In addition to the above, at any time you have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data protection authority, which for Italy is the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, in case you believe you have not received adequate level of satisfaction from the exercising of your rights. Please click here to access to the website of the Garante per la protezione dei dati personali.
In addition, you can set guidelines for the retention, erasure and disclosure of your personal data after your death. These guidelines are general or specific. In the absence of instructions or otherwise stated in these instructions, your heirs may exercise your rights.